What does your dog do when they hear fireworks?
- Sleep through them soundly?
- Quiver, shake, drool and try to hide away from the dreaded fireworks?
- Or take dreadful offence at the invading noises, and bark to scare them off?
And if your young puppy hasn't experienced fireworks yet - you will want to be prepared to make sure it's fun for them.
Noise fears and phobias are some of the most insidious behaviour problems I see in my clinical practice, and years of living with sensitive collies has given me more practice experience than I ever wanted!
Yes, you should have thought about fireworks before now.
But life is busy, and suddenly it's nearly November *eeek*
Fireworks Fears? Online Help for just £5
Friday 25th October, 7.30pm
with Morag K Heirs PhD, Clinical Animal Behaviourist
The session includes evidence and experience based techniques to support your dog, when to talk to your vet for extra help, and the chance to ask questions about your own dog.
SESSION WILL BE RECORDED - you can attend live or send in your questions in advance
If you are dreading the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th of November (and the weeks before and after!) then you NEED to attend this webinar.
Fight the Firework Fears
However in some unexpectedly good news, Sainsbury's have announced that they will no longer stock fireworks. I can't tell you how delighted I was to hear this! Let's keep pushing the other supermarkets to step up to the mark.
Enjoy the peaceful evenings while you can, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you online later this week.
Morag, the Collie Girls (one deaf, one much braver than she was) and the Big Yin (what noise?)
What's on in WCC Land?
We're starting to make plans for the annual WCC Xmas activity evening at Yorkshire Museum of Farming.
It turns out the WCC family have some amazing hidden skills including how to make snuffle mats, seriously tough tug toys from old clothes and more.
So we're hosting a festive "come and craft" evening where you can bring your own materials, and we'll help you transform them into amazing canine gifts.
- PLUS the ever popular "bring and swop" table for all your unwanted dog-related items, with anything left at the end going to local rescue organisations
- AND Gina will be running the raffle again with all monies going to local rescues.
- Morag will be baking (for your dogs!) and could be persuaded to bring some recipe sheets?
- Clare will be in charge of mince pies and gingerbread of course
- and we might just persuade Laura to bake for you too.
DATE COMING SOON!