Friday 19 October 2018

But I have soooo much to do, I can’t possibly stop and plan… (Love Your Business)

Yeah, we’ve all been there.

Sometimes I’m still there too.

But we also know that



Which is all very well, but it’s still hard to take time out from your busy day.

This month I’m mostly concentrating on planning ahead for 2019 with my awesome wee team. It might seem a long way off, but it will be January before we know it.

Last night we sat down together, drank tea and talked about our top four for next year:
  1. What do I want to do more of? 
  2. What do I want to do less of? 
  3. What do I want to learn or do that’s new? 
  4. What am I doing now that I feel fairly indifferent about? 

And that threw up some really interesting answers, even for myself.

I can already see how there are possible collaborations (like between me and one of my puppy trainers who is also an amazing RVN for fear free handling clinics).

It’s easier to see who might need to be rotated off teaching the puppy programmes before they burn out too. No one really wants to do the same thing every day or week for eight years!

Even if you don’t have a team, I’d strongly recommend that you try out these questions for yourself.

It could be about the type of 121 clients you see, behaviour cases you take on, or classes that you teach….

And if you’re a little bit curious about what it’s like working in a team versus flying solo why not join me for the next Love Your Business: Webinar. 

We'll look at the practical challenges of bringing other people into your business, the legal implications (self employed, zero hours contract, or ???) and how to negotiate working relationships.

Thursday 1st November at 7pm: Team versus Solo working Book the last Webinar!

It’s the last one in the current series!!

I’m taking a wee break from the webinars to put all the recordings together as one resource, plus it looks like I have a couple of books to crack on with writing.

There WILL be more webinars because I love running them, and I want to hear what you want from me!

Suggestions so far have included
  • Communicating with vets and insurance companies 
  • Creating “compliance” with clients 
  • Writing clear, effective coaching emails for clients 
  • Developing a behavioural or training speciality – finding your niche 

Tell me what you want help with and I will do my best.

Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to sign up to the last webinar in the current series….

Book the last Webinar!

Morag 
UltraCaniCrosser, Firewalker, Clinical Animal Behaviourist

No comments:

Post a Comment