Despite all the fireworks that have been going off lately, we’ve still the excitement of Halloween to look forwards to.
In classes we use any excuse to dress up for puppy socialisation
but it’s good to remember that some dogs find it scary when their favourite humans turn into zombies!
Our top Halloween tips
1. Think twice before dressing your dog up for Halloween – some dogs don’t mind wearing clothes but many more hate it!
2. Keep ALL the chocolate, candy and sweets well out of reach from inquisitive snoots!
3. If you don’t want trick or treaters knocking your door all night, why not print a copy of our handy sign and pop it on your gate?
4. But if your dog loves visitors coming to the door, make sure they’re on a lead or behind a baby gate for safety – York really doesn’t need a real Hound of the Baskervilles roaming the streets and stealing sweeties.
I’m so excited about sharing pictures from our Halloween themed classes later this week…
What else is going on in WCC world?
Sunday 11th Nov at 2pm Sunday Sports & SocialA relaxed informal get together where you can train your dog among friendly people, and eat lots of cake! Tell us you’re coming by clicking HERE!
Saturday 24th NovemberTwo half day clicker training workshops to brush up on your skills before the winter really sets in.
- Train Your Dog Like a Dolphin for people new to clicker training
- The Art & Science of Clicker for the pro trainers!
PS Are you more worried about the fireworks than Halloween tricks?
Check out our detailed practical seminar from earlier in the year all about how to help your dog cope with scary noises