We started the car work today with Finn, just a short 10 minute session.
- Finn sitting on folded down seats in back of car - means I can reach to treat him
- click and wads of food for just being calm
- clicks and wads of food for choosing to lie down nicely, no panting
- nose touch and paw touch for click + treat
- engine on/off = click + treat
- engine on, change gears, move handbrake etc - click + treat for staying calm at all stages [all going really well and clearly shows the previous work we did has 'stuck']
- throw handful of food, click and move car forwards slightly, stop car before finish eating
- repeat but reversing car (two reasons, not much space on my street and we need to work on reverse as well!)
- stop car properly, click + treat for calmness
- end session
Will see how it goes but may repeat this evening using his dinner kibble.