Christmas Canine Crafting
Sunday 15th December
13:30 - 16:30
Sand Hutton & Claxton Village Hall, near York
suggested donation to cover costs and contribute to charity fundraising (RSPCA York and Jerry Green N Yorks)
We're going to share skills and ideas for creating canine Christmas gifts, while eating home baking, collecting goodie bags to take home to your dogs and generally enjoying an afternoon of like minded crazy dog people!
Gina is running the amazing RAFFLE
WCC is hosting the Canine Jumble Stall - bring and swop your old stuff, leave a donation for rescue!
We're going to be making toys for our dogs and rescue dogs, sharing crafting skills and generally having a lovely afternoon
What to bring: (any of the below will be useful, and you can swop materials too)
- Any old clothes (jeans, jumpers, fleeces - longer the better for tug toys)
- Fleece blankets or scraps
- Spare yarn or wool
- Sharp scissors or fabric shears
- Any existing toys that dogs have 'fallen out of love with' to jazz them up a bit. So any ring type toys we can attach things too.
- Plastic bottles, long socks or wool tights
- Old balls, tennis balls etc
- Crochet hooks if you have them
- Door mats or draining mats with holes in (if you want to make snuffle mats)
- Anything else you fancy!
AND donations for the jumble table/pre-loved dog stuff
AND pennies for the raffle!
AND we're raising money/collecting gifts for York RSPCA and Green North Yorks.
PLEASE let us know if you are definitely coming so we can make sure there is enough baking to go round :-)
This is an event for people only - no dogs in the hall because it's just not big enough! (though you are welcome to settle dogs in your vehicles (private off road parking) with fleecy jumpers